Saturday, January 21, 2012

A is for apple

letter of the week

We've just finished our first week of Confessions of a homeschooler - Letter of the Week.  I wasn't sure which order I should do the curriculum in.  I guess that sounds stupid, should i just atart at the letter A and work through the alphabet?? Well yeah that is one way of doing it but as I'm trying to get George to write the letters I could mix it up and start at the easier letters to write first, like letter L or T or I.

In the ended I did start with the letter A.

We cut an apple in half and looked at all the parts - skin, flesh, core, seeds, stem.  We counted the seeds and then dipped the apple halves in paint and painted with them.

DSC_0041.JPG

I called out a number and George jumped on the matching floor mat.  Then George linned them all up in order.


DSC_0036.JPG

One of the puzzles we did this week. 


DSC_0034.JPG

Apple lacing

DSC_0065.JPG

Upper and lower case matching

DSC_0059.JPG

I didn't take photos of everything as for me it's more important to be there with George teaching/helping/playing with him.  I only get a photo if my phone is near by and there is time. 

We did many more of the Letter of the Week activities as well as making apple fruit leather, apple pancakes and even made apples and the letter A out of lego. 

No comments:

Post a Comment