We've started the letter D this week and our theme is Dinosaurs. Usually I would wait until the end of the week - or when we finish the theme to post but I thought todays activity deserves it's own post.
As George had two friends over this afternoon I thought I would get them to dig for dinosaurs. I had 7 dinosaurs I had made earlier with Plaster of Paris and hid them in the sand pit.
George was right in it digging away and found two within a few minutes but his two friends took a little convincing. One friend got bored and left for the swing after finding just one, the other friend found two before he headed off to the swings. George didn't give up and found three and kept digging and searching for the last one only giving up when he saw I had all the paint set up and ready to go.
Everyone was keen to paint the dinosaurs so the swings where forgotten and paint went all over the place, but mostly on hands. One friend wanted purple so we experimented with mixing different colours until we got something that resembled a colour she thought was purple.
George's friends took their dinosaurs home and these three are Georges and Graces finished Dinos