Sunday, January 29, 2012

Meal plan monday 30/01 - 5/02


Well last week didn't go to plan, we all ended up with a gastro bug so most of the meal plan went out of the window and if you felt like eating it was typically something bland and easy to make.  I still have the Tuscan beef in the freezer as I did get it in the slow cooker on Tuesday morning but was throwing up by the evening and couldn't even manage being near the smell of it. 

So this weeks meal plan will have a lot of repeats from last week, we also leave to go camping on Friday night as it's a long weekend in New Zealand and we plan to make the most of it. 

Monday - BBQ at Nanna and Poppas (I'm taking homemade garlic and herb loaf)
Tuesday - Pulled Pork 
Thursday - BBQ at Nanna and Poppas (Nanna's Birthday - taking pudding)
Friday - Take aways while driving to camping grounds
Saturday - Hamburgers
Sunday - Tinned spaghetti and soup.

I didn't make the English Muffins last week but i did try my hand at making bagels and I must admit I was pleased with the results.  We don't typically eat bagels and you have to hunt for them at the local supermarket as they're not in the bread section. I was surprised at how easy they were to make so will be making them again soon - most likely on Friday so I can take them camping with us.


DSC_0002.JPG
Todays lunch - bagel with cream cheese and homemade plum jam

1 comment:

  1. Mmm...I'll have to check out the Pulled Pork recipe. Glad to hear you're feeling better.
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete