Friday, January 20, 2012

Hands on Play - Week Three


Week three - Paint.

I know my kids LOVE to play with paint.  It's not usually about the end result, just the act of painting they enjoy.  The only thing.... preschoolers painting equals mess!!

I know I just need to suck it up and enjoy the mess with them, which is something I'm working on.  Even when I do get the paints out I usually have enough well before the kids and trying to clean up - including clean up the kids isn't easy when they don't want to help and just want to go back to painting.

This week I let the kids paint for as long as they wanted.  Grace had enough well before George did and just wanted to wash her hands which resulted in water play for her while George finished his painting.

As we were working on apples for Letter of the Week, I cut a apple in half and they used a half each as their paint brushes.


DSC_0053.JPG

Next weeks challenge: In the Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment