Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 5

Today I was organised for a change and had chosen the topic of todays photo before breakfast.  I've been looking after a friends chickens while she and her family are on holiday.  Going up to feed them every day and collect an egg from the one egg laying hen at the moment.  They have 3 adult hens, one has just hatched some eggs and is in a rabbit hutch with the baby chicks.  In the large chicken pen/house is the two others, one which is laying an egg but not every day and the other is currently clucky and doesn't seem to move, every time I'm there I have to pick it up to check for eggs underneath.

This photo is of the clucky chicken.  Every time I open the door she sticks out here feathers to make her appear larger.  In the week I've been looking after these chickens there has only been 3 eggs but every time they're under this chicken.

Day 5 - Chicken

I have to admit when I added chicken to the list i was thinking of taking a photo of a chicken curry or pie or stew, but a alive chicken is just as good if not more humane.

1. Sunrise
2. Rain
3. Chicken
4. House
5. Strawberries
6. Horse
7. Cars
8. Tomatoes
9. Juice
10. Worms
11. Eyes
12. Bunny
13. Toys
14. Ribbon
15. Pop
16. Bubbles
17. Police
18. Ink
19. Recycle
20. Umbrella
21. Robot
22. Plants
23. Patch
24. Fur
25. Art
26. Dance
27. Literature
28. Sliding
29. Zip
30. Shoes
31. Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment