Saturday, August 25, 2012

Green is for GO

go
George turned 5 last month and as most kids start school in New Zealand on or around their 5th birthday he's officially a school boy and loves telling everyone he does school at home.

We've been doing letter of the week and hand writing without tears for a few months now but as we moved houses a few weeks ago everything went on hold while packing for the move and then moving and then unpacking and ended up losing about 5 weeks.  Losing isn't really the right word as kids learn so much through play and George did play a LOT.  He also had his birthday during this time and was totally spoilt.


DSC_0513

George is totally obsessed with Lego and as I love to spoil by kids so hubby and I gave him two large sets. (lucky I got them for a almost half price) 

Now we are settled in our new house which is twice the size of our old one and has a 2nd living area which we've set up as the school room, I'm starting to get George into a routine.  I'm not too sure how I'm going to use this blog but I want to be able to record George's schooling and will try to continue with the letter of the week posts until we've finished the alphabet and maybe a weekly wrap up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment