Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Little Passports

A box arrived this morning, a light but large box.  The label on this box showed the sender was from America and there was only one thing I was expecting from there... Little Passports.

When I opened the box I found lots of envelopes all addressed to Grace and George, and all sealed so I couldn't peek inside them.  

DSC_1947 (2)

Every envelope has a stamp on it with the country the contents are supposed to be from/about.

DSC_1949 (2)

Also in the box was a smaller box, this contained the explore kit which could be opened that afternoon once George was home... I only had to wait an hour.  I know this was for George (and Grace) but I was probably just as, if not more excited to open this. 

DSC_1951 (2)

DSC_1953 (2)

Once opened I did have to stop the kids from just grabbing everything especially as Grace has a habit of ripping things.  
DSC_1955 (2)

Inside was a world map.  I pointed out America, being where Sam and Sofia (the characters who these packages are from) are from and New Zealand where we are from. George did seem impressed with how far the box traveled to get to our house. 
This map is going to be hung up on the wall somewhere, probably in the kids bedroom at this stage as we're running out of wall space due to the kids artwork taking up a lot of space. 

DSC_1957 (2)

There was also stickers of Sam and Sofia, an activity sheet which it a little hard for George but I think we could complete it together, a passport which there will be a sticker from each country which will be put in here each month.  A photo of Sam and Sofia and a code for some online games. 

George and I had a look at the online games but found most were a little too hard for him, I'm hoping that by the end of the 2 years we spend on this he will be able to go back to these games and be able to play them without my help. 

Now the hard back is going to be waiting a month until I bring out the envelope from Brazil and put it in letterbox for George to find. 

No comments:

Post a Comment