Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Homemade handheld blackboard

The below video is what sold me on the Handwriting without tears program, it looked simple and fun, plus I could buy it from a New Zealand company.



I still wanted to cut costs anywhere I could and as the slate boards are $17.25 each I decided there must be a cheaper way.  The Warehouse did have some cheaper blackboards but they were bigger than I wanted

phone

As I already had some chalkboard paint I decided to have a go at making one myself, but I couldn't make just one for George so had to make another for Grace.  

I grabbed some cheap $2 wooden photo frames from The Warehouse, removed the glass and the stand from the back.

I gave the wooden back two coats of the chalkboard paint and while I was waiting for that to dry I decided to paint the outside frames with the kids favourite colours. 

They both LOVED them.

 DSC_1910.JPG DSC_1909.JPG

1 comment: